False Memory OCD is a form of OCD that involves obsessing over memories of events that either did not occur at all, or occurred differently than one thinks they did. Some examples of the compulsions and behaviors related to this type of OCD are as follows:
- “Did I neglect or harm my child?”
- “Did I cause that car accident?”
- “Did I run someone over and kill them?”
- “Did I assault that person?”
- “Did I embarrass my family member at a gathering?”
- “Did I bully that person when I was younger?”
Please keep in mind that our platform is not meant for reassuring one’s compulsions or behaviors; instead, we are a community that helps and supports each other in terms of recovery.
If you would like to read more about False Memory OCD, please check out this article.