Acceptance and Commitment Therapy

Originally published at: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy –

What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and how dose it work? If you’re looking for an effective form of therapy to help you manage your OCD, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) may be the right choice for you. ACT is a relatively new type of therapy that is growing in popularity. It focuses on helping…

I am happy to find that the article suggests how ACT is suitable for people who have gone through traumatic events. That was why my doctor told me that it could help me better deal with the complications of the trauma I’ve been through. Now I feel more ready than ever to try it out.

I am sure that ACT will have a positive effect on you. You can also read more about ERP, which helped me tremendously during my struggles with OCD. In particular with false memory OCD.

Do you know websites that provide helpful information about the pros and cons of each OCD treatment? I can find that myself, but I guess you know more about it. I would love to read more about that.

You can read more about the specifics of each therapy at this website: Medication for OCD: Types, Side Effects, & Effectiveness - Choosing Therapy.
I find the information there very informative and well-researched. The downside is that you might need to pay for a subscription, but I believe it is worth it.

1 Like

Thank you for showing me this website. It seems legit. I will spend most of my free time reading more about the pros and cons of each therapy and method for coping with OCD. :heart:

The website contains a lot of helpful information. Even I looked through it again and found even more great stuff there. :heart: