ADHD vs. OCD

Originally published at: https://ocdtalk.com/adhd-vs-ocd/

ADHD vs. OCD: Differences and Similarities Many people are familiar with ADHD and OCD but may not know the differences between the two. This blog post will explore the key differences between ADHD and OCD and some of the similarities. Understanding these disorders is essential, as they can both have a significant impact on daily…

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a child. However, two years ago, I got another consultation, and my therapist found that I have OCD as well. I think that everyone should get 2-3 independent opinions, especially regarding mental disorders.

I absolutely know what you mean. My OCD diagnosis is correct, but I have met a handful of people who have gotten the wrong one. It is unpleasant, especially if put on the wrong medication.

I always had the feeling that something was wrong but didn’t speak about it. Now I feel that things are under control, but I’m a little bitter because I missed out on life when I was younger.

Don’t waste your time thinking about the things you have missed. We learn how to act wisely because of the challenges we go through and the mistakes we make. Also, try to forgive the person who didn’t give you the best treatment. We all don’t do our job perfectly all the time.

I am trying to be a more forgiving and peaceful person overall. It does not work all the time, but I a doing my best to listen and agree with positive people like you. Thank you a lot.