Benefits of OCD

Originally published at: Benefits of OCD –

The Surprising Benefits of OCD Do you think of OCD as a disorder that is nothing but a curse? If so, you are not alone. Many people view OCD negatively, without realizing the benefits that this condition can offer. Contrary to popular belief, OCD is not just about being neat and tidy. It is a…

As the article suggests, most people with OCD that I’ve met know how to think outside of the box. I have noticed that they tend to be the best in what they choose to do. I’m good at spotting patterns, so this is not a coincidence.

I can agree with you to some extent. People with OCD are strangely cute and have their own ways of dealing with things. However, from my observations, they need someone “normal” to believe in them and cherish them for they are.

Unfortunately, concerning most cases, you are right. At the end of the day, we all need some sort of approval for the things we do, which serves us as further motivation.

1 Like

I find a great benefit of OCD within myself is being super attentive to details. Sometimes it is at the cost of my good relationships with people because they dislike my criticism. But it is because they don’t appreciate my help and the great results they can get from it.