Books about OCD

Haha, lol, you gave me a great plot idea. Despite this, I never intended to put an OCD person in a bad light. Usually, those people suffer in all movies and books so I thought of doing something slightly different.

I am curious to know more about it when it’s done or within the process, if you are ok with it. Also, your character will most likely be involved in some suffering moments since they have OCD. It’s just inevitable :grinning:

I was thinking of depicting someone so used to their OCD that all the things they go through are made funnily, and they also take it somewhat funnily. Maybe it sounds like fiction, though, because I don’t know a person with OCD who is so relaxed about their condition.

A few people in the community tried to take their condition more easily. However, you can consult with a therapist for more information about different OCD archetypes which will help you draw your book characters from there.

That’s a great idea. But don’t you think that I might find those archetypes in a book, guide, or something like that? If I can, it will save me time and effort requesting it from a therapist.

I guess you can, but I can’t help further with it as I have no idea where. You can do some research, though. You should surely find some information, but again the more straightforward way was sending an email to a therapist for more details.

I got it. Sorry, I was overcomplicating matters again. I sent an inquiry to a therapist, so I hope I get an answer with the information I need.

Sounds fantastic, mate. Most likely, you will get help regarding the information you need. If not, you can always proceed with the plan you were thinking about earlier.

I got an answer containing brief information about my inquiry, plus references to books and studies with more of it. I am super happy and can proceed with putting my characters into action.

That’s fantastic news, mate. Many online tools and programs can help you with ideas while writing, so check them out. I wish you the best of luck and plenty of creativity along the way.

Do you have a particular program in mind? I am not very aware of modern software cause I am used to doing everything myself.

I didn’t have a particular software in mind, but with a few web searches, you can find more ideas on how to use your time and energy while writing. It was just a suggestion, you know that our OCD doesn’t love writer’s block.

Oh, I understand now. Sorry, I got a little confused about what you meant. I like your idea, though. There are so many new programs that make our life easier and save us time and effort.

I am glad you understood what I meant, and I hope you will have tremendous results. :crossed_fingers: Remember to take it easy when it gets challenging.

I have had many days of inspiration and some grey and uninspiring ones, so I tried to research some helping software. I found a few but quickly realized there are not for me. I become too dependant on the output and forget how to be authentic.

I partly understand what you mean. However, the use of such programs is to inspire you only when you need it. It would be best to use only when you have writer’s block. Otherwise, it gets problematic, and you risk losing your creativity.

I understand your words, I should be careful not to become too lazy using various helping techniques. By the way, I am in the middle of the book and have many possible scenarios to think about. I am highly excited about the final product.

1 Like

Ping me when it’s ready so that I will be one of your first customers. In case you don’t make it too pricey, though. :joy:

I am not making it primarily for profit. At least to my first book. However, I will surely let you know when it’s ready and send you a pdf file with it.

I understand, and I am happy to be one of the first to read it.

1 Like