Celebrities with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Originally published at: Celebrities with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder –

OCD in the Spotlight: Celebrities with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder There’s a good chance you know someone with OCD. It’s one of the most common mental disorders worldwide, and it can affect anyone at any age. While OCD is often portrayed inaccurately in the media, many celebrities live with this condition every day. This blog post will…

It is refreshing to know that famous and successful people also have their battles. It gives me more hope to cope with my OCD and other problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

I send you even more hope, Steve. Celebrities are also people who have their own mental and physical struggles too.

I am the type of person who never looked at celebrities for following trends or any inspiration. However, in terms of OCD, I think they portray a mainly positive image. Most of them seem to be honest about their condition and their struggles. This can inspire other people to get help and not be ashamed of what they think because of their OCD.

Thank you, friend. Unfortunately, sometimes I need to look for an example of how others perceive certain things to determine my own opinion. Not a good character trait but more acceptance and positivity about OCD make me feel way better.

Even though I always advocate for people to be more tolerant of OCD, I know it’s not always the case. That’s why I understand your need to see famous and successful people showing their vulnerability. I hope you are doing good now.

I am doing fine, friend. There is always something to work on having OCD, but I try to be calm. I aim to find a long-lasting solution to my condition and stop taking medication daily.

I love to hear about some new approaches to treating OCD. Do you have any success doing so? Also, did the positivity in the media around OCD and other mental issues still make you feel more confident about the condition?

I didn’t have much time to read more about other options, but I will do so this month. I like to read or hear about more social acceptance of all mental issues. I know that more or less everyone has inner problems to deal with every day.

I truly get what you mean. If fact, people are not so judging when someone mentions their mental struggles, or at least this is what i have observed recently. Thats most likely an effect from the more awareness being spread about those issiues.

You never know what others think, but it’s good that at least most people try to act nicely and understandingly. In rare cases, people don’t take conditions like OCD seriously, but that’s ok since its not the majority of the population.

We should never expect everyone to be understanding, but I agree that when it’s a more significant part of the population, our lives become easier too. I am waiting for a celebrity to comment on this topic now. :grin:

I will share the link on quora and invite a few celebrities to come and say something. Do you think that someone will notice it? :smiley:

I can’t be sure, but it doesn’t hurt to try. I know that most celebrities have personal assistants who often reply instead of them. However, someone can still find it interesting to respond to your invitation. :smiley:

Alright, I will do it then. I will try to come up with something unique to write. I have a few success stories of doing things out of the blue as a joke. I hope the moderators won’t be mad. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Probably some of them have already seen your comment. Did they send you a message or ban or something? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: If not, I believe you are not doing such a crime by trying to be a little extravagantly creative.

I don’t have messages or ban letters, so I am good to go. I posted something last time I commented here, but still, I don’t have significant attention and no attention from a celebrity. ;( Maybe I have to change my strategy.

Don’t get upset, Steve. Maybe it is a good strategy to post on multiple websites. Anyway, I didn’t tell you anything in case you get punished somehow. It’s all your responsibility. :grin:

I got a reply from a cool person, but I will keep it a secret until I receive more of those. This was such a bright light in the tunnel. I thought that my attempt was unsuccessful but you will all see very soon that it wasn’t.