Common OCD Thoughts

Originally published at: Common OCD Thoughts –

Common OCD Thoughts That Might Be Racing Through Your Mind Do you ever have those moments where a random, intrusive thought pops into your head, and you can’t shake it? If you have OCD, you know that these thoughts can be tough to deal with.  This blog post will discuss some of the most common…

How can someone distinguish if they suffer from perfectionism caused by their OCD or if perfectionism is just part of their personality? I’m deeply confused about where mine comes from and whether it’s more destructive than healthy.

I believe that when your perfectionism comes from OCD, then you are highly preoccupied with thoughts about how to do things most perfectly and uniquely. You might also have many regrets over something that you realize you haven’t done in the right way in your eyes.

I see now. I have also heard and read the same things, and maybe I am just a perfectionist without OCD. I know it’s too much sometimes, but I don’t go to extremes and only rarely have regrets about past actions.

If that’s the case, you should only be happy about it. Trying your best to do things perfectly without the typical regrets and unhealthy obsessions usual for those with OCD is a blessing indeed.

I wouldn’t call it a blessing because it’s hard for the people around me and me sometimes, indeed. I also have anxiety, and maybe 2-3 times, I experienced panic attacks. However, when I talk with friends, I can hear that most of them have experienced either anxiety or panic attacks before. That’s the reason why I haven’t searched for medical help before.

Reading through the lines, I can see that you might have some problem too. Panic attacks are usually not that frequent among people, and having some is most likely a byproduct of a stressful situation. I think it’s a good idea to figure out the reason.

We live in stressful times, and people are sometimes mean to each other. I got my first panic attack after fighting with my brother, who threw a hammer at me and almost hit me. After this accident, I never fought with others, even as a joke, because I was afraid to cause someone the same horrible feeling I experienced that day.

I feel sorry for you going through such a terrible situation. I hope that your brother hasn’t done more harm to you or at least that he apologized for that event. If you feel that this situation left some trauma in you, you can talk with a psychologist about it.

I know that he is not a bad person. He just has a temper sometimes. I have been considering talking to a psychologist about many other events in my life too. Maybe I should do it faster and stop postponing it.

We all have traumas that hold us back in life. However, some people have more of them and realize their harmful impact. I think you should follow your inner voice and talk with a psychologist or someone you believe can help you.

I did already, and I have been reflecting on what I heard from the psychologist these days. I probably have to go a few times more and still can’t figure out if I want to invest my time, energy, and money into it. For sure, I hear truthful things but will this change my life somehow?

It will change your life if you let them help you by letting go of the negative emotions you experienced. They have approaches to make you find peace with your experiences and worries so that you can continue to live without those things affecting you.

I am working on my own to fix my inner issues, but probably, at some point, I will need external help. I will consider it in the near future because I agree with your arguments.

I firmly believe it will be easier for you to go through everything with the help of someone who has helped numerous other people like you. You have probably heard the saying that even the psychologists have their own psychologist they go to for their issues.

I know this, and maybe you helped me make up my mind. I know how to control myself in front of others, but I need help for my internal issues.

Just like you acknowledged, there are some issues you are struggling with, so the most logical thing is to fix them. Most of us know how to control ourselves and tend to look okay in front of others. What matters the most, however, is how we feel on the inside, and it’s crucial to turn for help when there is a problem. Internally.

The inner tranquility is the final destination :slight_smile: Would you share some other common OCD thoughts you have observed among others with the same condition as ours?