Compulsive swallowing

Amazingly, you have confidence in your ability to fix that specific OCD issue. Not everyone is that lucky in general. However, I wish everyone believed a little bit more in themselves to find ways to help them.

Believing that you can help yourself is the first and most essential step toward finding the solution. Unfortunately, most people with OCD are scared and unhappy about having the condition in the first place. That leads to more frustration which blocks the instinct for self-healing.

I love the way you see things here. Most of us, including myself, have been overwhelmed by feelings of shame, sadness, and what not more. All that negativity has indeed suppressed our instincts for self-healing.

I think it’s because people think of OCD as a life sentence and don’t consider it a typical problem. It’s a condition like all others, and both the conventional and unconventional can work depending on what we allow and believe.

I love that. I should take an example from you because I also used to be scared and skeptical about anything unconventional when I was first diagnosed with OCD.

I’m glad that you find my suggestions helpful. The journey toward managing and improving mental health can be challenging and confusing. Still, it’s important to remember that the most important thing is to take care of yourself and to be open to trying different approaches to manage and improve your mental health.

I am indeed trying to make the suggestions mentioned above. I can not complain now as I feel motivated and can successfully do my work and enjoy life. I hope you feel the same or similar in that aspect.

I do feel relatively well, of course, with the typical challenges. Maybe it will sound bizarre, but I don’t like it to be too easy. We all need to put that extra effort into the specific life aspects we struggle with to feel alive.

You are a strong person. I guess you should consult ocd patients on how to deal with the disorder easier. Have you thought about that?

Hmm, not really. I don’t have the needed qualifications, and I am not into studying that much at this point in my life, even though I can do it in communities in my free time.

Sorry, I meant in online and offline communities and support groups if you are into it. When a person has a success story with the condition others have, they are more likely to take his example and listen to his recommendations.

Nothing hurts to try, then. But I can’t do it during the next 1-2 months as I am doing multiple projects and barely have time to see my friends and family.

I wish you luck then. I can relate because I am also super busy and have neglected some of my closest people. I think that we should not do that, though. We should have at least 1 hour for family and friends daily.

I thought about that also and changed my schedule a bit, so I spend more time with my family. It also has a better effect on my mental health and well-being.

As long as you have supportive family members, you are privileged and should spend time with them as much as possible. :heart:

I can’t agree more. I hope you do the same and remember every memory with your loved ones.

1 Like