Does God Forgive OCD Thoughts?

Originally published at: Does God Forgive OCD Thoughts?

Please note:  The information on this page should not be construed as medical advice, nor should it be used to diagnose or treat any condition. The content on this page is written by recovered OCD sufferers, not by clinicians. Read More Always consult a qualified mental health professional and do not take any action based…

I often have bothersome violent thoughts, even with people who haven’t done anything to me. I find those thoughts even enjoying and arousing sometimes. Even though I am not religious, I feel that I deserve to be punished because of this …

You are not responsible for the intrusive thoughts you have - so no, you don’t deserve punishment. You commit a crime when you act on them, but I don’t believe you do act on those thoughts. So don’t worry, be happy :slight_smile:

When I have to deal with OCD, the last thing I want is to wonder whether I will be forgiven for my thoughts. It’s so tricky to live with such a condition that I don’t deserve to be again punished for trying to make a life out of it. Even the opposite, we deserve only great things happening to us because of the struggles we are supposed to endure.