Existential questions

Recently I have been overly occupied by my thoughts about our purpose on this planet. I read a lot about conspiracy theories, some of which have the evidence of bare truths, and I do not want to be arrogant, but the life of the average person is a complete joke. Born to be part of a corrupt system, work like a robot, and be replicable in every situation, even as a family partner. I need someone to argue with what I said and make me slightly more optimistic, but good luck.

1 Like

You need to find your own purpose, and as long as you believe in what you are doing, you won’t feel like this. Many things are ugly in this world, but the good can outperform the bad. You decide on which side you want to be.

I believe in many things, but the problem is that I don’t feel that something depends on me. I can fight for a cause all my life, and then someone with more power can ruin everything in minutes.

That’s correct, but many things can happen. You can fall into the ocean tomorrow and drown. Does that mean that you should not make plans for next week?

It’s understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and disillusioned with the current state of society and the world. However, it’s important to approach these thoughts and ideas with a critical and rational perspective.
While conspiracy theories may have some elements of truth, they often rely on cherry-picked information, confirmation bias, and flawed logic. It’s important to be aware of these biases and to seek out reliable sources of information when examining complex issues.
Furthermore, it’s important to recognize that while there may be systemic issues and injustices in the world, many individuals and organizations are working to address these problems and create positive change. Focusing on these efforts and working towards constructive solutions is important rather than succumbing to cynicism and despair.

This is very well said. I hope that the post’s author becomes one of those who make the world a better place than giving up on all good.

I will do that since you guys insist. I am in a more positive phase of my life now cause I had a few cool events happening. I will try to keep my positive attitude for longer and spend less time wondering about the purpose of life … for now.

Haha … for now :grinning: In case you come back to your searching for purpose phase, please try not to get depressed about how we live today and why some things are the way they are. Instead, use your critical and abstract thinking to find your own reasons for the events that happen.

Good advice, but I can’t help it with not being depressed or angry or something in between when thinking about life. However, for now, I don’t want to delve into deep thoughts but enjoy some time with friends.

Sure thing. Let me know if you have any problems :slight_smile: I usually find different small and not so small reasons to live every day.

Sounds lovely. No, I haven’t had any severe existential issues recently, and I am so grateful. However, it’s been a long time without those thoughts, so I expect to be burdened with them again.

I have an online pen pal who used to joke that ocd to him is like the period for women. It can be away for some time but will eventually come back again. :joy:

Well, it’s kind of true, so the joke is totally spot on. Not that I know what it means to be on a period, but from my observations, the mood can change quite a bit. :grinning:

Obviously, the joke is based on a common stereotype about mood changes during menstruation. For sure, not every female experiences significant mood swings during their period.

Yeah, yeah, its different for every lady … not trying to be arrogant in any way. Just appreciate the joke for its relativeness to OCD.

I am glad we got that clear. I do not want us to scare or repent the female members or readers of the community.

It has never been my intention. Once again, it was just a joke, and if its a problem, I can be more careful with my jokes in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, no worries about that friend.

1 Like

Does anyone else believe that we don’t need all the prescribed medications? Sometimes I think I help the pharmaceutical system get richer by buying all that useless crap.

Much of the medication is quite ineffective enough, as I like to say it. Especially after you get a few pills so quickly before the therapist can examine your condition more in-depth. :frowning: