How diet affects depression and anxiety

My friend loves reading articles from this blog, and while checking them out, I found some great tips for reducing anxiety during summer. 6 Summer Nutrition Tips to Ease Anxiety - Meg De Jong Nutrition
I definitely think that eating regular meals would avoid cortisol spikes and crashes, eventually affecting our mood.

Fantastic article and blog overall. Especially the tip about the dairy-free ice cream. I will undoubtedly apply those tips to my daily summer routine. :sunny:

I noticed that my child, who has OCD, is somewhat calmer when I don’t give him food with refined carbs to eat. It means no cakes, pizza, and the like. It has been challenging because he is a child and wants those foods, but I learned to tell him that superheroes don’t eat such things. It works well for now.

I love the tip about the dairy-free ice cream too. Or no ice cream at all due to the high sugar intake.

You are brilliant in coming up with the superhero argument. I will have that in mind if I have difficult kids one day. :sweat_smile:

It is so straightforward, yet it took time to start saying it to our child. It’s an incredible way to build good habits in a child. I wish my parents could use the same approach on me instead of giving me candy as a reward.

There are so many low-sugar and sugar-free vegan ice cream recipes that you can experiment with. I know that no one wants to put any effort during the summer, but I can send you a recipe that is worth it. :yum:

I am passing by to say that the best food for feeling calm is no food at all but only water and sun. :joy: Works great for the first half of the day during the summer.

I do believe so too. Plus a lot of sleep and a little sun, everything goes perfectly. Also, if you fast for longer, please drink some salt water since you lose electrolytes in your body, and you will feel hungry and tired without them.

Thanks for reminding me about those essential aspects of fasting Joe. I know about it, but often I forget to do it. How have you been recently?

I feel good and in control of my health and emotions. If I had to compare it with the situation half a year ago, things are significantly better now. I believe the main contributor is joining my first community here, where I learned to be more open-minded to new approaches, which have never been easy to me.

I am highly uplifted to read that you found relief in our community. Indeed, one of our main goals here is to allow everyone to express their thoughts and experiences without judgment. We can all learn from each other if we are open to it.

1 Like

I am sure that many others did as well. :slight_smile:
That openness to learn from others - I struggled with it all my life. I always thought that what I think is right until I discovered how limiting that could be.

1 Like