How I stopped my OCD compulsions

There are tons of materials and strategies to conquer a lack of motivation. What I found very useful through the years was mastering new skills and winning. That way, your self-confidence rises, and you are more motivated than ever.

I see. What competitions did you win? Or was it challenges that you set for yourself? I am afraid it will take me a lot of time and effort to win multiple competitions.

It was mainly challenges I set for myself. It might sound weird, but it’s hardest to stick to what we promise to ourselves because it’s easy to forget about it and pretend that we never did it.

I know what you mean very well. I can’t remember a single thing I promised myself and stayed true to my promise. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel confident internally, as I subconsciously know I don’t deserve to feel that way.

Don’t worry about it. You need to put in some effort and be harsh to yourself constructively.

I understand the importance of putting in the effort to overcome my compulsions, but at the same time, I do not want to be too hard on myself and end up feeling worse. I will try to find a balance and be kind to myself while pushing myself to progress in managing my OCD.

Hi Gerli, I want to add that It’s crucial to practice self-compassion and remind yourself that you are your best. It is progress, not perfection, that is the key. Also, keep in mind that it’s okay to ask for help when needed.

Hey, thank you for the additional advice :slight_smile: You guys are amazing here. It might sound cheesy, but every time I see I have a reply from someone here, my day brightens a bit.

It feels incredible to hear similar comments. Feel free to discuss everything that might bother you about OCD here.

Thank you. I am curious about finding out how you guys balance it when you have families and have to deal with many more responsibilities later in life.

As we grow, we learn many things, and with time we become ready for the next steps in life. Of course, it is always individual, but time is always the most significant factor for growth. Next is experience.

I see. Then I will do my best to develop my personal and professional qualities and let time help my future decisions.

Great, you reached that conclusion also. Do your best now, and your intuition and favorable circumstances will guide you in the future.

I like how your answer sounds. I will keep it in my notes and look at it when I feel confused or sad about the current circumstances. :hugs:

This is lovely. I hope it will give you inner strength whenever you feel anxious or tortured by your intrusive thoughts. They might be loud but harmless.

I reach this conclusion eventually, but sometimes it takes quite a while of mental torture :frowning: I won’t give up, though. :hugs:

This is how I like you. Worrying never contributed to improving the circumstances for the better.

I learned that also during the last year. I have a clear vision about who I want to be and perceived as a person by others, and that won’t be as a weak or impoverished one.

You are not a weak person, but remember that your opinion about yourself is the most important. It’s what you project towards others also. Once you know your strengths and improve your weaknesses, everything should be fine in the long term.

I accidentally opened the topic and was thinking the same as an adequate suggestion for Gerli. I used to be focused too much on what others thought of me instead of realizing where I was during my progress and what I should improve to feel better in my skin.