How to live easier with others when you have OCD

I could read that many of you have problems living with others in the same building, which is understandable. OCD can impact our lives in many aspects, which might not lead to the best outcome.
Thus, here I would like to suggest some tips for all of you with OCD who live with others:

-Try to keep your living space as clean and organized as possible. This will help you feel more in control and less anxious.

-Communicate with your roommates or family members about your OCD and what they can do to help make your life easier.

-Create a support system of friends or family members who understand your condition and can offer emotional support.

-If you have any triggers that set off your OCD, try to avoid them as much as possible. If you can’t avoid them, have a plan to deal with them ahead of time.

Make sure to take care of yourself emotionally, mentally, and physically. OCD can be a very draining condition, so it’s essential to recharge your batteries. I find communication with others significant and keeping your space and belongings clean and orderly.

Others struggle to live with someone who has OCD way more than we do living with others. :smiley: Jokes aside, those are some great suggestions for paying more attention to how we can reduce the likelihood of being a burden to those with whom we share one household.

Here is the time to brag about being proclaimed one of the cutest people to live with. Like seriously, I have always felt overly self-conscious about irritating those around me that sometimes I used to make almost no noise. Some people I lived with before never knew that I had OCD or some problem.

I admire your efforts to be the nicest person to the people you lived with. However, were you feeling comfortable doing it? I could imagine it has been quite energy-consuming for you.

It wasn’t easy at first, but I prefer to appear private about my feelings in general. Those around me can rarely guess what I am thinking about or how I feel, which I consider a plus.

I can’t imagine myself being like that. I know everyone is different, but being so restrained in your home sounds unreal, especially with OCD.