How to Stop Shower OCD

Originally published at: How to Stop Shower OCD: Tips and Tricks

Please note:  The information on this page should not be construed as medical advice, nor should it be used to diagnose or treat any condition. The content on this page is written by recovered OCD sufferers, not by clinicians. Read More Always consult a qualified mental health professional and do not take any action based…

Showering a few times a day helps me get rid of the feeling that I might be dirty, but it also makes me calmer. Obviously, I am not environmentally friendly, and my skin tends to be dry, but it’s not a habit that irritates me and that I want to get rid off.

I also find steam showers relaxing but doing that more than 1-2 times per day can make your skin dry and itchy. That’s because showering so often removes all the natural oils on your skin’s surface. I think the article has some good advice that you can try.

I know what you mean. Even as a male, I use moisturizing lotion almost daily to make my skin feel better. However, I cant reduce the number of my shower times. It will make me highly irritated if I do so.