Is insomnia related to ocd?

I have been suffering from insomnia from time to time, but recently, it’s been almost every night. It feels my mind can’t stop working even when I am tired. I often imagine possible scenarios and feel anger towards those who irritated me throughout the day, weeks, or even months before that. I wonder if that could be related to my OCD, and if yes, what should I do to stop it?

I often used to suffer from insomnia, and until last a year, I think I found a way to manage it. I add cinnamon to oath milk twice daily, one of which is before sleep. It makes me relax, and I fall asleep relatively quickly.

Is it really that simple? I often have insomnia problems, and even pills for better sleep can’t help me sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestion, mate. I will definitely try it for a couple of days. Hopefully, I will see some change. If it doesn’t work, I will be glad to hear more suggestions about battling insomnia if you know of such.

I’m glad that you found my suggestion helpful. In the meantime, stick to a consistent sleep schedule, avoid caffeine and electronics before bed, and establish a relaxing bedtime routine.

I’ve been having sleeping problems for a couple of years now and never thought about a link between them and my OCD. It’s great you guys brought this up in the discussion so I can look for possible treatment for my insomnia.

1 Like

I am a bit of a caffeine freak, so that might be one contributing factor. Even though it’s difficult, I will try to avoid it and see if there might be some improvements.

Usually, coffee and caffeine drinks are not so bad, but you should not drink them after noon. I sometimes drink coffee in the afternoon, but I can fall asleep if I use enough energy after that. However, I know that some people can not sleep easily from drinking coffee after noon time.

Fair enough, I will be more careful with caffeine from now on. It was just normal for me and those around me to have coffee after noon or dinner.

I get it, but as I said, people prove to anxiety handle coffee after some time of the day worse than others. Also, more and more evidence is coming up lately about the harms of drinking coffee.

Are you serious? In what way does coffee harm us when we drink it in moderation?

Have a look at this and tell me what you think

I cant believe I haven’t heard anything like this before. Now I will be more skeptical of anything I know. :open_mouth:

It’s like I recently saw 2-3 web materials about the hidden cost of drinking coffee. I could resist sharing it with my friends and online too. The evidence makes a lot of sense.

I also think so :frowning: Unfortunately, nothing makes me happier than a cold Starbucks latte after an exhausting day. But I can drink one every other day instead of every day as a start.

I get it. I also love good quality coffee and use it often. However, as you mentioned, doing it less frequently can benefit your health and make you enjoy your coffee more.

Yes, or opting so caffeine-free coffee or other drinks with uplifting effects without containing caffeine. There are plenty of natural substitutes on the market.

You are right. There are plenty of options on the market. However, I am not interested in searching for some now, so please share something that can be ordered online in the States or globally.

You can try ordering from iHerb or Amazon. I think there are more options on those websites than on the others.

I knew about Amazon, but I forgot about iHerb, even though I ordered once from there some years ago. Thank you for the reminder, Karla. They have a wide selection of products.