Is insomnia related to ocd?

I have been suffering from insomnia from time to time, but recently, it’s been almost every night. It feels my mind can’t stop working even when I am tired. I often imagine possible scenarios and feel anger towards those who irritated me throughout the day, weeks, or even months before that. I wonder if that could be related to my OCD, and if yes, what should I do to stop it?

I often used to suffer from insomnia, and until last a year, I think I found a way to manage it. I add cinnamon to oath milk twice daily, one of which is before sleep. It makes me relax, and I fall asleep relatively quickly.

Is it really that simple? I often have insomnia problems, and even pills for better sleep can’t help me sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestion, mate. I will definitely try it for a couple of days. Hopefully, I will see some change. If it doesn’t work, I will be glad to hear more suggestions about battling insomnia if you know of such.

I’m glad that you found my suggestion helpful. In the meantime, stick to a consistent sleep schedule, avoid caffeine and electronics before bed, and establish a relaxing bedtime routine.

I’ve been having sleeping problems for a couple of years now and never thought about a link between them and my OCD. It’s great you guys brought this up in the discussion so I can look for possible treatment for my insomnia.

1 Like

I am a bit of a caffeine freak, so that might be one contributing factor. Even though it’s difficult, I will try to avoid it and see if there might be some improvements.

Usually, coffee and caffeine drinks are not so bad, but you should not drink them after noon. I sometimes drink coffee in the afternoon, but I can fall asleep if I use enough energy after that. However, I know that some people can not sleep easily from drinking coffee after noon time.