Menstrual cycle and OCD tips

I feel the need to share some women’s tips with the women in the forum. In case your OCD worsens during those times every month, I suggest you try out those first-hand experience tips:

• Talk to your therapist about your OCD and menstrual cycle. They will give you the best professional advice about relieving your symptoms during this time.

• Keep a journal of your symptoms. It can help you track any patterns or triggers that make your OCD worse during your period.

• Create a relaxation plan. The plan should include deep breathing exercises, meditation, or other activities that help you relax.

• Avoid alcohol and caffeine. These substances can worsen anxiety and make OCD symptoms worse, especially during your period.

• Exercise regularly, even during the days of menstruation. Physical activity can help reduce stress and improve your overall mood.

If you have other suggestions, please share them below. Also, remember to take care of yourself and embrace your feminine energy.

Sorry for interrupting the women’s topic, but I will pass this on to my cousin. I really think that she will appreciate it.

Of course, @Joon. It was a pity of me to label this as solely women’s information. Share my tips as you wish, friend.

This is highly beneficial information Yoanna. :blush:. I haven’t found many tips about OCD and that period of the month before. It should be helpful for all the ladies here.

Thank you, friend. My cousin was glad to read this because she used to avoid physical activity during those days. Now she knows that it actually helps tremendously by mainly improving the mood.

I am thrilled to see that my tips helped at least someone for now. :heart_eyes: I personally do a lot of physical activity during those times and never have a problem with pain or anything.

I can only be happy that I am a male. I feel sorry for all females who struggle with mental health issues and have their hormones fluctuating as well. What do you think about this aspect from your experience?

1 Like

Well, it’s not an easy task. It has been relatively manageable for me, but it is not the case for some females I know who have anxiety issues too. Nevertheless, with the proper diagnosis and treatment, the results are positive.

I already know about most of the tips but should probably try keeping a journal to identify what triggers my OCD during those days. There are also many period apps on our smartphones on which we can keep notes, so no separate writing is needed.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct here. There are so many helpful apps that once you get used to, it’s elementary to stick to habits and look at essential insights.

I think I noticed that when I consume alcohol during those days, I feel way more anxious than usual. The same is with coffee, so if someone has OCD and feels unpleasant during her cycle, please try to exclude the alcohol and the coffee during those days.

I am glad to hear that there is light in the tunnel for all females who seek additional treatment. I am still curious whether most therapists offer additional support to their female clients or it’s not within their expertise?