I feel the need to share some women’s tips with the women in the forum. In case your OCD worsens during those times every month, I suggest you try out those first-hand experience tips:
• Talk to your therapist about your OCD and menstrual cycle. They will give you the best professional advice about relieving your symptoms during this time.
• Keep a journal of your symptoms. It can help you track any patterns or triggers that make your OCD worse during your period.
• Create a relaxation plan. The plan should include deep breathing exercises, meditation, or other activities that help you relax.
• Avoid alcohol and caffeine. These substances can worsen anxiety and make OCD symptoms worse, especially during your period.
• Exercise regularly, even during the days of menstruation. Physical activity can help reduce stress and improve your overall mood.
If you have other suggestions, please share them below. Also, remember to take care of yourself and embrace your feminine energy.
Sorry for interrupting the women’s topic, but I will pass this on to my cousin. I really think that she will appreciate it.
Of course, @Joon. It was a pity of me to label this as solely women’s information. Share my tips as you wish, friend.
This is highly beneficial information Yoanna. . I haven’t found many tips about OCD and that period of the month before. It should be helpful for all the ladies here.
Thank you, friend. My cousin was glad to read this because she used to avoid physical activity during those days. Now she knows that it actually helps tremendously by mainly improving the mood.
I am thrilled to see that my tips helped at least someone for now. I personally do a lot of physical activity during those times and never have a problem with pain or anything.
I can only be happy that I am a male. I feel sorry for all females who struggle with mental health issues and have their hormones fluctuating as well. What do you think about this aspect from your experience?
Well, it’s not an easy task. It has been relatively manageable for me, but it is not the case for some females I know who have anxiety issues too. Nevertheless, with the proper diagnosis and treatment, the results are positive.