OCD and boredom

Yeah, I also got a similar recommendation. I also think that our discussion of ideas and what worked and not would be helpful for others too. I think that’s the main idea of the community too.

Yesterday I went out, got tipsy, and talked with many people. This was the best treatment against boredom I have tried this year. I haven’t realized how much I missed the actual contact with people during the last two years. Unbelievable.

I am happy for you but be careful with the alcohol. Last year I was overly pleased with the start of the summer season and was frequently drinking too much when I was out. Afterward, I started having more mood swings, and the intrusive thoughts were more frequent. Maybe it’s just my case, but sharing is caring.

It’s great you shared this, my friend. I started having some mood swings and being more impatient in my daily life. Lazier as well. Maybe I should delay the gratification and schedule a couple of days for parties this summer.

I prefer to feel the slightly negative effect of alcohol afterward than being bored and having those creepy intrusions. However, this is my case, and don’t do it if it doesn’t make sense for you.

I am trying to understand you, and I think I do. I guess you are just trying to get the most out of your summer, and that’s fantastic. However, alcohol or other substances are not a good long-term solution.

I am not good at following long-term plans anyway. :smiley: let’s live for the moment some days of the year. Now I hear new pandemics and stuff are coming up. It is way more depressing to be closed and restricted.

I understand you now. Unfortunately, we have to live during those times when we are scared about the possibility of meeting others freely. I surely don’t want to go through all this nightmare again, so let’s seize the opportunity of every moment we have now.

I am not getting ready to be closed again in any way. We can die any moment, any day, and I will not waste my days being inside scared again, no matter the measures.

Normally I would say this is selfish towards others, but I see how destructive it is for some individuals to be closed and suppressed. Therefore, I am more inclined to support more freedom during any quarantine.