OCD and fear of infecting others with COVID-19

I get it, mate. Take your time and trust your gut. Add a bit of science, too, and you will be set for success in finding the proper medication.

I forgot to add that you should go through other forums and search for people with the same type of OCD as yours and ask around what medication they take.

I tried to do that several times but could not find what I was searching for. I asked in two places and received some trivial answers. I will try to ask again today. Maybe I will get lucky and get the necessary information.

Keep asking. Once, I asked at nearly ten places before I got the information I needed.

Oh, ten places? I still don’t have the correct information, and maybe I will ask in a few more communities today. I will update you if there is any result…

Well, obviously, there are no helpful results for you yet … :smiley:

Sorry, I didn’t come back here to comment. So, I found two suggestions that sound logical for my case, and now I am still trying to figure out which is better, so I am trying both.

1 Like

Excellent. I would be happy to hear if something worked well for you.

Yes, I am practicing empathy. I never thought I would do something like this, but I have learned to be more understanding toward others and myself. Overall, there is a positive result in my life for now.

Empathy helps everyone, indeed. I always thought that the best way to relax our mind when dealing with anxiety, depression, or any mood disorder is to focus on how others feel and be good to them.

Exactly Joe. I discovered that many people have more complex life and health circumstances than me. Thus, trying to help them brought me inner happiness and overall improvement in my mental health.

Awesome mate. Appreciation and adaptability are critical for improving any situation, no matter how challenging it might be. Please keep the same pace cause they is always someone worse off than you.

I don’t get happy or relieved when someone is worse off than me, so that doesn’t count. I think that everyone gets thrown challenges they can cope with or deserve to some extent.

The saying that someone is always worse off than you doesn’t imply that you should be happy. Instead, it should give you more strength to be patient and work on your own challenges cause someone else has bigger challenges they are coping with.

Yeah, that way, I get what you are trying to say. Maybe I was tired the last time I read your reply, so I took it differently. :slight_smile:

No worries. I hope you are doing well despite your ocd challenges. I often write things when I’m occupied or tired, so that’s understandable.

No worries, we understood each other. Despite this, I’m fine. Since I started treating each day as a gift of endless opportunities, my depression and anxiety levels have decreased. Sometimes a shift in perspective is all that it takes.

Shifting your perspective and embracing each day as a gift of opportunity can be a powerful mindset change. I surely know that gratitude and a hopeful outlook can go a long way in improving overall well-being.

Yeah, I usually don’t like to sugarcoat things and use words like these, but the kinder I am with ocd and other types of anxiety, the better I feel.

It is namely what way. When you treat yourself with patience and understanding, you manage to counteract the harshness of negative thoughts and emotions that often come with these challenges.