OCD and tips for improving executive function

Most of us know that our OCD makes us lack simple executive function skills such as longterm-planning, prioritizing, following instructions, etc. I suffered so much from the consequences of the lack of adequate executive function skills. Here i am listing most of the habits that helped me get my life into control and improve in all areas:

• Simplify your surroundings: A cluttered environment can distract and make it difficult to focus. Try to keep your work area clean and organized.

• Set goals: Having specific goals in mind can help you stay on track and motivated. Make sure your goals are realistic and achievable, then break them into smaller steps.

• Prioritize: Once you have your goals set, prioritize the tasks that will help you achieve them. Make a list of everything you need to do, then start with the essential items.

• Take your time: Rushing through tasks can lead to mistakes and poor decision-making. If you can, try to give yourself enough time to complete tasks thoughtfully and carefully.

• Be flexible: Plans change, and that’s okay. Don’t get too frustrated if things don’t go exactly as planned. Roll with the punches and be willing to adjust your goals as needed.

I will be happy to hear your thoughts on what you tried and helped you for improving your executive function.

I was literally thinking of sharing similar information about improving the executive function. It took me over two years to learn how to be efficient as a business owner, making most decisions independently. Setting goals and following them is a crucial step to achieving that.

I also need to have a particular routine to make things done. I love spontaneity so much but can’t afford to be so spontaneous because I play around without producing results.

I am flexible with my tasks and sometimes do multitask as well. I can notice that I produce good results when I am not pressured or micromanaged in doing stuff. Also, dividing the final goal into small steps is the best tip I know for achieving it without a high risk of complications.