OCD Relapse

That’s a point on, and I hope more people get it. Most of us have worsened OCD symptoms when we get stressed and isolated. Overall, that is the worst thing to do, and OCD doesn’t forgive it.

Most OCD people isolate themselves because of the time-consuming compulsions that they experience. Quite ironically, the more time we spend isolated, the more compulsions we tend to experience, so we should regularly break the isolation cycle.

I like to break the isolation cycle by seeing a family member first when I am at my worst. Then, I get recharged and ready to meet other people or be part of social situations again.

You do one of the best things to avoid relapse. I know that I might sound strange, but even some of my close people somewhat drain me. So you should see who is the one close to you on an energetic level and communicate with them when it’s hard.

I can relate to what you said. I have a couple of relatives that don’t make me feel good while they don’t do anything bad to me. I also tend to believe it’s something on an energetic level.

It would have been great if we felt the same about our closest people, but the reality is different. I also think its a mixture of energy, beliefs, and the things we do that separate us from each other and determine the chemistry between us.

I think I am even more sensitive to energies and people I dont like than most people. If something puts me off, I need to be out of the room or environment immediately, or my head will explode.

I believe this is also part of OCD. I have heard and read other individuals with OCD problems complain about the same or nearly the same issue. It is one of the most disturbing types of OCD.

We found one more disadvantage of OCD. I personally can’t help it, but at least I mastered how not to show my emotion when I am irritated by someone’s presence. It takes a little bit of acting.

You should better improve at acting, then :slight_smile: Though I am certain that therapy will help you handle your anger better.

I know it might be strange, but I will feel defeated if I reach for help for my anger issues. It will make me feel less than others who don’t have a similar problem.

You should understand that everyone has some problem, whether that’s anger, weak memory, or some phobia. Thus, you should never feel low about yourself for addressing a specific issue.

You are right. I’ve been insecure and ashamed of myself for a long time, and those thoughts I have for myself were projected onto others, too, and they treated me poorly. I don’t know how to go back and fix my self-esteem.

It feels like you have lost yourself a little bit. I strongly recommend psychological help as you need to eliminate the frustrations and get to the core moment that unfavorably shifted your circumstances.

I know I am a little lost and probably need help at this point in my life. My family and friends also often tell me that I am not the guy I used to be. I will search for a psychologist in my town today. :slight_smile:

I am glad that you will finally pay attention to your mental health. Remember that many factors influence people’s minds, especially in the last two years. Make sure you are not judgmental to yourself but instead heal from everything toxic that comes on way.

I am definitely not doing that anymore. This is one of my main plans for this year. I am enthusiastic about the results if I keep sticking to my plans.

I get you, mate. Keep yourself going and post your progress from time to time. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am taking care of myself, reach out for help when needed, and celebrating small victories. That’s all I can do right now, and it seems to work well for me. I wish you the best!

1 Like

Congratulations on this, Alex. I wonder how you celebrate your small victories. Do you eat a piece of cake or meet some friends out?