Psychedelics for OCD

I have already stumbled upon a few online materials and comments about how psychedelics can help some OCD patients. I wonder if someone here has tried using psychedelics for your OCD condition and if yes could you give me some guidance for starting with it? If there is not such a person here, please excuse me if my post is irrelevant.

I had a friend who was into psychedelics primarily because of another mental issue. For a few months, I noticed that he became highly uncoordinated and lost a lot of weight. I can’t be sure that he was not taking something else in addition, but overall I could not notice many good effects on him.

I can see that those side effects can be due to psychedelics consumption, but I happened to read more and more materials about how those substances in one or other form can positively impact OCD symptoms.

I also tend to think the same, but it is not something to be recommended to everyone. Some specific tips and tricks probably reduce the chance of unwanted effects, but I am still doubtful about trying those substances.

I have been considering trying those for a long time to see if they have some effect. Maybe if it were a few years ago, I would do my research and try it out if I noticed that the risks were not too high. However, I have my OCD under control, and there is not much sense for me to do that now rather than pure curiosity.

No one wants to try them, but I will keep waiting in case someone shares an opinion. I hope it happens by the end of the year. Otherwise, I will get some and try them myself, no matter what.

I was reading about positive experiences in other forums, but as far as I know the individual reaction, quality, and quantity of the product matter a lot. Please do detailed research before trying if you decide to do so.

I am aware of those things also, but thanks for reminding me. I need to read further about it and talk with others who have experienced it. Then I will share here if it was a good experience for me.

Amazing, I will wait for your reply. Please keep in mind that you should double-check the information before trying something of this sort.

I tried it and experienced a rush of mainly good emotions. I still feel a little weird about the overall experience and can’t link it to improvement in symptoms yet. However, it was a pleasant experience for me, and I might do it again.

I see. I hope you are well and considerable with experiments like this. Please update if you feel any favorable or unfavorable effects in case you try it again.

I am going all clean in January. Hence I am not even consuming alcohol, and to be honest, I feel very grounded and determined during most hours of the day.

That’s a great decision. I did it a couple of months ago and can tell you that this change has positively impacted my life. I have noticed that I feel more grounded and determined most of the day.

Did you stumble upon some difficulties while trying to quit those things for a while? It was hell for me, with night sweating and mood swings, but somehow I made it through January. Now I just take it easy.

I won’t suggest taking on other substances due to our easier predisposition to addiction as ocd patients. However, if someone wants to try them anyway, please be extra cautious.