Relationship doubts

I can’t think of a joke right now but watch some memes on Pinterest. https://pin.it/1FIglxu
I like that you turn it into a joke, it’s a horrible condition, but we also should not take it seriously all the time.

I agree with my friend, laughter always makes it easier. Thanks for sharing the memes, most of them are about symmetry ocd as I can see.

Yeah, normal people still don’t get it that there are many other subtypes of ocd than symmetry and contamination ocd. How is it going in your relationship now, did therapy help?

Yes, therapy helped. After being completely honest about what I think due to my OCD, my partner understood me completely. I am really grateful for the advice that I received from some of you guys. I will keep being active here to return the favor multiple times.

It’s great that your partner understood you, my friend. Do you happen to experience other doubts too? I personally have moments when I doubt everything and have difficulty making a decision.

I agree indeed. However, those pictures on Pinterest are a little too common sense. Maybe I should have my own OCD jokes site.

Yes, like make an OCD NFT project. If you don’t have graphic design experience, you can do it on paint or hire someone to design it after explaining the idea.

This is excellent news, William. Even though I’ve never met you, I know you deserve to be happy in your relationship and life.

Is it possible to have relationship doubts without having a mental disorder? I have always had doubts about my relationships and don’t think this would ever end. I believe that we can’t be responsible for other people’s actions, including our partners’ actions, so similar doubts are justifiable.

Technically, I believe it’s possible. However, it indicates that you have insecurities or past traumas that you need to go through in order to live a less toxic life.

I know that I have some problems I need to solve (somehow), but I am not exactly sure where to start right now. I am also still in my early twenties, and many things look somewhat messy to me.

It would help to change your life circumstances until you find peace and clarity. You know best what will make you feel more content and confident with yourself. Take action and avoid being too much in your comfort zone; you will find many answers along the way.

I know what can help me find some direction, and I usually try to avoid being in my comfort zone. However, I see that I fail most of the things I try, which brings me down even more…

Hey, cheer up. It’s impossible to fail everything. You do right at least a couple of things. However, you should ask yourself what you want to do and are passionate about. Not only trying this and that to mark some activity.

I have some things I like to do, but my OCD makes me somewhat inconsistent and constantly unsatisfied with what I know and do. I don’t know if that is the same with you or someone else here, but I tend to be confused most of the time.

I can relate, Cassie, or maybe it’s more right to say that I could relate when I was younger. With time you eventually learn that you have to stick to essential habits, which teaches you how to stick to your hobbies too.

It happens with me, too, sometimes, but I have built my coping mechanism and quickly turn back to normal. You should acquire that strength through a lot of work and patience battling those moods and thoughts until it’s relatively easy to choose how you want to feel.

I see. Could you recommend a specific method or strategy that helped you learn how to choose the way you want to feel? Sorry, but it sounds a little impossible to me.

Sure, allow yourself to feel the way you do to the maximum intensity. Identify your thoughts and the possible reason. Then accept it and go back to your everyday tasks. Simple and highly effective if you go through all those steps.

I did something else that made me really happy these days. I visited a couple of old friends and my family and remembered so many things from the past that made me feel like a new person without the usual issues.