Relationship doubts

It’s always great to go back to the roots. Sometimes we don’t need more than remembering who we are to know what to do next.

I love how you said it. There was a point when I was afraid to get influenced by the thoughts of others, no matter how close they were to me. Now I am more relaxed about using closeness and comfort to calm my mind.

Do you mean that you always wanted to do things your way and refused foreign interference? If so, I was similar before, especially during my teenage years. Then I realized that I didn’t know everything, and in some situations, I needed advice.

Yes, that’s what I meant. My mom taught me to be like this, so I believed it made me unique. It was not earlier than my university years when I realized that being unique doesn’t mean being the smartest, so I learned how to appreciate the ideas of others when they were worth it.

You came to a reasonable conclusion through the years. Unfortunately, sometimes our parents teach us wrongful things while growing up, and those beliefs become part of us. Changing them is challenging, but you managed to do it, which is fantastic.

I haven’t changed everything I want, though. That’s going to be a long process for me. Its true that people say that children are like mushrooms. They can learn everything so quickly, no matter if it’s good or bad.

Unfortunately, that’s the case. However, be happy with your situation since it could be even worse, and you know what I mean.

Undeniable, it can always be worse. I consider myself lucky because I always had the instincts that could lead me to the truth. No matter the problem, I don’t feel lost and find a solution relatively easily.

I believe everyone has the instinct for survival, truth, etc. However, some people suppress those instincts and self-sabotage themselves. Learning how not to do that will make a tremendous difference in everyone’s life.

(post deleted by author)

Most people self-sabotage themselves due to various factors, such as past traumas, negative self-talk, and beliefs. I believe that once those patterns are identified, then it’s easier to overcome them. This can happen with the help of therapy, self-reflection, and learning new coping mechanisms.

I like the way you put it. In my opinion, therapy, self-reflection, and learning new coping mechanisms can be helpful tools in addressing these issues and making positive changes in one’s life. One of these will surely work.

I think that, most likely, the combination of all will work. I wonder how people used to treat similar problems in the past. Or whether OCD existed in the past at all?

People with mental disorders were reported in the past also. However, I don’t think someone paid too much attention to ocd in the past, even though it might have existed.

I think people in the past referred to mental issues as issues with the soul. I guess if we all try to dig into ourselves, we will find some pain dug inside that might lead to our behaviors in some way…

Yeah, I heard something about that when I was at school, I think from some old philosophers’ books. I know that there is some truth in the whole thing.

The truth is indeed in old books. The old movies are the most interesting. Old-school manners are more authentic. I can continue and won’t find anything new better than the old. :sweat_smile:

Well, I believe new cars are better than old ones. Not those electric ones, of course. :joy: Feels like driving a computer.

Well, the electric ones are the real new ones, so if you don’t like them, you agree that older things are better. :grinning: Maybe one thing which is better nowadays is the comfort of traveling anywhere for a short period of time.

What a terrible time we live in then. :grinning: That’s why new medication and methods for treating OCD work so slowly and inefficiently.