Self-help techniques and tools for managing OCD

Well, I am aware that Rome wasn’t built in a day, so I realize learning anything new takes time and dedication. Hopefully, I can manage with the dedication part with my jumping mind…

You’ve got a solid grasp of the essence of learning. Just like in Rome, mastery isn’t rushed. It’s all about that consistent dedication, even when your mind feels like a trampoline. Think of your wandering thoughts as little adventurers – they’re exploring, but your focus gently guides them back.

Haha, you put it nicely into words. I am on the way to mastering patience, which inevitably helps with my ocd too.

Haha, It’s quite a challenge to master patience, but I will be happy to hear you achieved it someday. I still struggle to do that since I became more disciplined around seven years ago.

In my mind, mastering it means doing what you decide to do with the occasional hardship of sticking to it. I don’t expect it to be easy and smooth all the time.

Sure thing, I can agree here. I often find myself confident in the results of the effort I put in and, at the same time, sometimes exhausted from all that effort.

Well, at the end of the day, it’s more important to be happy with what you achieve. Exhaustion and tiredness are things that go away.

Thats true. However, we should also keep in mind that pushing ourselves to the limit is essential for growth, it’s equally important to find a balance and ensure that we’re happy with what we achieve.

I agree with that, I kind of said something similar. :muscle:

1 Like