Welcome to ocdTalk Community

This forum is for OCD sufferers looking for information about OCD, different treatments, learning skills to manage OCD symptoms, or just wanting to connect with other OCD sufferers on their recovery journey.

ocdTalk community is created by OCD sufferers for OCD sufferers.
We’re here to support and encourage each other on our OCD recovery journey, share ideas, discuss different treatments and therapies that may benefit.

OCD is not well known in the general community, and we hope to shed light on this debilitating illness.
We welcome you all to join the ocdTalk community and spread the word about this community!

OCD is a condition that affects millions of people worldwide, and we hope this community will help some people out there get on their way to recovery

Hello everyone, I’m William, 25 years old and I’ve been suffering from OCD since I was a child. I’ve tried many medications before but recently what helped me the most is ACT. I encourage everyone here to try this therapy if they are not sure where to start with their healing process. Thank you for reading and stay safe.

1 Like

Hi @William, very nice introduction. My name is Sawan and i am 38 years old, married with 1 child. I also think that ive had OCD all my life but it was not so concerning since i started getting stressed at work. As i already mentioned in previous posts, i quit my stressful job and now run a family business with my wife. I still have many responsibilities but i am definitelly calmer than before. In terms of therapy, i do mindfulness practises which help me accept the things as they are instead of fighting them.

Thank you for introducing yourself as well my friend. I am really glad you found a way to better deal with OCD and enjoy your life with your family.

I am beyond grateful for having my family next to me who inspire me to be a better person. They also gave me the motivation to pay more attention to my OCD and now function like a normal person.