What is the purpose of all?

I can’t wait to hear something new about that topic too. I personally don’t have a stable opinion about what our purpose could be. Probably it’s something simpler than we try to imagine, though.

I believe it has a lot to do with how we treat others, and then comes the rest of it. You know, when you do or say something unpleasant, you get it back in some way or another. If you do only bad things, you get bad things in return, and then you can not unleash your potential in the end for the common good.

Makes sense overall. I have always had similar thoughts in the back of my mind and acted accordingly. However, you get it that with all the weird thoughts that OCD provokes, many people can start believing they are bad people themselves.

Ocd is a liar, and I think that even those who have it start to realize that soon after being diagnosed. I believe we can control our thoughts at any time if we separate them from how we feel about things.

It’s not always that easy for everyone. I knew how I was a few years ago, and it was not a good place to be. I was lost, and that constant guilt was not leaving me even for a day. Many other individuals with OCD experience the same or worse.

Let’s conclude that the purpose of life is to conquer our destructive thoughts and be better versions of ourselves. No matter how cheesy it sounds, when we are confident and proud of who we are, we treat others better too.

Yes lol. That’s why other people are naturally drawn to confident people. I am always happy when someone reminds me of general truths like this one.

Actually, I was also wondering before why others like confident people. I seemed to like everyone equally because I knew that I am not so confident but not a bad person either. After I lived for a few more years, it became clear why.

Typically everyone is different, but there are specific behavior trends that are more common for large masses of people. I am also doing my best to be confident even when I don’t feel like showing myself to the world.

What is your opinion about the people with the general behavior trends and those with more unique characters? I always disliked those who were too generic and tried not to be like that all my life.

I also don’t like those who are too similar in terms of character traits and actions. However, we need a large percentage of plain people so that the brightest can be seen shining.

I think so, too, even though I am aware of the trend of being different just for the sake of it. Sometimes being different doesn’t mean being better than the rest.

That perspective is true also. Difference matters when there is a true sense in it. Not just being a rebellion without a mission or doing it for the sake of proving something to someone.

Totally agree here. I have noticed that two of my acquaintances with OCD prefer to live a rather independent and peaceful life without needing recognition. Do you have any opinion on whether those with OCD have different dreams and visions about life than the rest?

From my observations, people with OCD, including myself, want a peaceful and undisturbed existence. Nevertheless, they can have different dreams and be involved in all sectors of society.

Your opinion sounds logical. I was more interested if there is a specific pattern between someone with OCD and being an entrepreneur, for example.

I think there is since most people with OCD are less patient and usually do not easily fit in typical environments and jobs. Concerning other professions, I don’t have much information about which might be more suitable.

I also have a similar impression. I was curious about other professions, also. For instance, being an athlete might also be a good choice as it’s more individual, and sports help the mood and eliminate harmful thoughts.

Being a good athlete takes a strong character and discipline. Many individuals with OCD struggle with keeping themselves sane and determined when they experience OCD episodes. However, those who have built strong qualities from an early age most likely know how to stay strong despite their anxiety issues.

That’s very important. I mean building good habits from an early age. Then after some years, no matter the condition, the individual will have more stamina to deal with it.