Where do you find most support for your condition?

• Family
  • Friends
  • Partner
  • You are your own hero
  • Other

0 voters

Myself and the community here :yum:

1 Like

I suffer from harm OCD, and my current girlfriend is the only person who knows about it. I wouldn’t be able to cope with it without her unconditional support.

You are a lucky man. However, accepting the condition will make you calmer and more ready to improve your symptoms. Therefore, don’t be afraid to talk about it with others. The best way to start doing it is by joining a support group in your area.

I am my own here for now. I personally don’t feel the need to talk about it yet. I understand this is not the case for most other people with OCD.

I haven’t heard of support groups for OCD before. I probably need to do some research or ask around. Are those support groups similar to the alcoholic groups? Sorry for the stupid question, and thanks for the idea.

Well, most support groups might appear similar to the alcoholic groups because people are there to say what they suffer from and help each other through the process. However, nothing is depressing in joining an OCD support group. Just the opposite - you can only benefit from doing so.

I bet you are right. I am just a little shy and awkward. I will need some time until I am ready to go and talk about my problems around other people so I will search for only online support for now.

1 Like

That’s fair enough. I hope we can help you here if you need to discuss any issues. You are also welcome to contact me privately if you need to share some sensitive information that you don’t want to be public.

I appreciate your wish to help me, William. I will surely text you privately if I have more unusual questions.

1 Like