Which professions are suitable for symmetry OCD?

I am about to graduate and continue to study after my gap year. However, I have one big issue – my symmetry OCD. I wonder if someone here has the same type and suggest me suitable degrees for that type. I am primarily interested in technology and/or business studies. Thank you in advance, and have a good day :blush:

I would say some more structured and analytical professions, like being an accountant, research assistant, data analyst, etc., might be a good fit for you. However, consider consulting with a career expert, as even though you have OCD, you might have other specific character traits that might find those jobs boring.

I am not sure what I want yet, and it feels frustrating seeing my peers know what they want to study. However, I like the idea of consulting a career expert. I know they do some tests that help identify my strong and weak character traits.

I can only suggest not going into something if you are not sure it is what you really want. Changing degrees is not cool; I hope you don’t experience that. Better to take your time until you know where you want to go and how to get there.

Many thanks for the advice, William. It sounds sensible and practical. I don’t want to be in a situation where I have to change my degree. I will do my best to prevent that.

I am glad that my advice was helpful to you. Remember to take it slow and not allow yourself to get influenced by trends or peer pressure.

I will keep this in mind. Do you have an idea if a more practical or analytical educational structure will fit someone like me?

I would say both. In general, practical lessons and theory are essential for a good educational program. When one of those educational approaches is not significantly more than the other, you will have a good time.