Why Do OCD Thoughts Feel So Real?

Originally published at: Why Do OCD Thoughts Feel So Real? -The reality of OCD

The Reality of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Do you feel like your OCD thoughts can be an actual reality? For people with obsessive-compulsive disorder, OCD thoughts can feel incredibly real. This blog post will discuss why OCD thoughts can feel so real and how to deal with them. What are OCD and Intrusive Thoughts? Intrusive thoughts…

I agree that the key is trying not to suppress intrusive thought when it comes. Honestly, it took me quite a while to let those thoughts pass because it’s so uncomfortable sometimes, but in the end, it’s totally worth it.

Accepting the thoughts as they are and letting them pass is something I know how to do also already. However, I still feel them taking control of my sanity from time to time. Trying to accept this is challenging too at the moment.

I never understood how the thing with accepting the thoughts works. When I have those intrusions, I wait for them to pass by, staying patient with the situation. I don’t feel like I can accept them or feel positive towards them.

I think you are basically doing the right thing. Accepting it means that you should stay patient, and instead of fighting the thoughts or pretending that they are not there, you just let them pass.

I have to mention that If it’s quiet and I have intrusive thoughts, I can manage that. However, when combined with a lot of background noise, my head can explode if I don’t leave that environment.