Treat OCD Without Medication

Originally published at: Treat OCD Without Medication –

Treat OCD Without Medication: Effective Strategies for Coping With Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder  If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from OCD, you know how difficult it can be to cope with the disorder. You may feel like you have no choice but to take your medication to treat your OCD. However, many…

Hi @JohanaCorm, I stumbled upon your article in your ocdTalk blog. I am really curious to know more about Transcranial magnetic stimulation as I hear about it for the first time. I will actually read more about it even tonight to learn the basics, at least.

Does anyone know how long does cognitive therapy last on average? Shall I go to sessions for a month or more? Also, how likely is it that it helps in the long term?

It’s more or less individual. I was doing around 14-16 sessions of ERP, where my therapist said that I no longer needed therapy for that period. However, as far as I know, there are cases where you should do more sessions, or if you do not reach the improvement you had to, you have to change the treatment plan.