OCD and social anxiety

I don’t know how old you are, but I think I have heard similar comments from people who grew up with paper books. I have had mine too, but since the introduction of the electronic devices I was fascinated to do everything there, so I like reading there too.

I am in my thirties, but I get what you mean. Obviously, the younger folks don’t see much difference between reading from paper sources and electronic ones.

Of course, I understand that the paper book has a different feel and gives a different experience. Probably it has calming effects as well. The problem is that I wouldn’t say I like to store physical books around like most people but to have everything handy on my devices.

I can’t wait for those times when there won’t be electricity for days. Then you probably won’t be able to charge some of your beloved electronic devices and won’t even have a book to entertain yourself.

Well, if we don’t have electricity for a few days, there will be burglary basically everywhere and total chaos. I guess that I will think about survival in the first place rather than reading books.

After you get everything stolen, you will indeed be left with your books. Imagining this scenario, I consider it reliving to have at least some of my books. :slight_smile:

Oh, alright, I agree. The books might not save us from hunger but could be food for our soul in such times. I hope you like my reply now. :smile:

You know, I love my books so that I will argue till the end about their meaningfulness. Reading helps me with social anxiety as well. My mind is always working when I read every day, and I talk more coherently and efficiently with others.

Yeah, but you can read on your electronic device and still be quick-minded as you become from reading paper books. I guess you will point out some differences again, but I believe you would get most of the benefits of reading from your kindle.

I agree here just because you said “most” and not “all,” though. :grin:

1 Like