ADHD vs. OCD

If you are too sensitive could also be a justifiable reason. It depends on the discomfort and distraction your mood swings bring you.

I am sensitive for good and bad, apparently. I can be the happiest person in the room and find more and more reasons to be uplifted. Other times I need no one around me but myself.

That’s normal to a certain extent, but I guess it is challenging for you sometimes. You can still train your mind to calm down when you detect it is unreasonable to be sensitive.

I do that almost daily, and still, there are times when I can’t keep calm. However, I have the support of my husband, which helps tremendously.

I am sure that this is a game changer, and you will learn how to cope with the struggles easily. I am also by your side in case you need advice. :slight_smile:

His support surely helps a lot. I am not sure how to ask about that but do you think the partners of those with OCD think less of them? I mean, do you think they see it as a significant disadvantage?

I think that it depends. Indeed some people see it as a disadvantage, but you should be able to feel that in your case. However, no matter if it’s ocd or any other mental or health problem, your partner should support you and not blame or gaslight you.

I agree that people should be supportive of each other or separate. But I feel my OCD is somehow a disadvantage in the dating market. Some men consider women with OCD crazy.

Then those are not worth trying to be with. Indeed we are all so different, especially when it comes to dating there are many types and archetypes of both genders. What some find ok, others might discover awful, and vice versa, so don’t fear your chances.

I had to check about those archetypes online cause I didn’t understand those before. Now I believe your comment makes sense. Thank you for making me more confident.