Medication and low sex drive

Part of my treatment includes taking antidepressants, and recently I noticed that it negatively affects my sex drive. I find it hard to sustain my arousal, and this fact makes me feel even worse than before. I read online that this is a common side effect of antidepressants. Do you know how to cope with it?

There was a period when I was also taking medication that made me feel numb to the outside world. I quickly realized that I no longer needed medication and opted for therapy. I suggest you explore your options for other treatment possibilities as well.

I was taking medication for another health issue in the past and had the same problem. In this situation, I can advise you to either reduce the dosage of the pills you take or talk to your doctor about an alternative medication.

I have been on medication for quite some years now and have rarely experienced similar issues. And I am not sure if it was solely from the drugs or something else. Of course, it depends on your medication, so I suggest you discuss that with your therapist.

I feel uncomfortable asking about it yet. I am new to all this. I read your suggestion a few days ago and tried to reduce the dosage, and I think that it helped to some extent but not entirely for now.

I will definitely explore more options. What did help you the most?

I found ERP extremely effective for me, but I must note that you need to find a great therapist. I firmly believe that ERP is effective in most cases; it’s just that some people don’t go to a good therapist, which makes it less effective or ineffective for them.

It will take some time. Meanwhile, you can take another natural supplement that can increase your libido. If it doesn’t work, you probably need to change medications.

1 Like

I see, so I need to find someone who does their job well. I am sure I don’t want to continue with medication because I am too sensitive to any kind of medication and always feel the side effects.

The best thing is to find a professional you trust that will make the best decision for your case. If you really don’t want medication, it might be extra tricky but not impossible to manage your OCD symptoms well.

I will put more effort into doing that. Thank you so much for the help. :pray:

1 Like