My parents don't think I have OCD

Thank you for your encouragement. I understand the importance of enjoying life despite my OCD and insecurities. Still, it can be challenging to let go of my compulsions and not take my frustrations too seriously. I will try to remind myself not to let my OCD control my life and to focus on the present moment.

Sounds perfect. You are on the right path to conquering OCD and any other problems you might face during your adult life. :hugs:

Hello Gerli, have you thought about creating an OCD or mental health club in your school or local area? That way, you will help others while understanding your struggles. It can also be online.

Hey, I like the idea, but I don’t feel experienced enough to lead a similar club or even guide people. It could be possible if I put someone else in charge of it, but then I won’t be happy because it’s my idea … :sweat_smile:

You assign someone to do the talking but manage the events and make decisions together. You can stay behind the scenes and still lead.

I like that point of view and will consider it. However, I am not sure I can do that either. I will try to create a team, and we will manage everything together.

That’s the better option in general. You learn more when you collaborate and exchange ideas. Plus, it is more fun and easier for you if you have OCD. :slight_smile:

Are you sure it’s easier if I have OCD? I always have doubts that appear rather dumb when I communicate with others, but at the same time, I want to be the leader.

Well, it’s not more accessible when it comes to doubts, but it is when it comes to being more creative and unique. If you don’t let yourself feel inferior in some way, everything will turn out well.

I think I understand. I will keep myself going and build my self-confidence to show resilience in front of others. I am not weak and don want to appear like that.

I am sure you will handle all situations well. Working towards improving your mental and character from an early age is a great advantage for you.

Thank you, Anna. I wont let it happen to be a slave of my ocd or any other possible disorder. I think one day I will help others too.

Never fall into the theme of your intrusive thoughts for long, and you won’t be a slave. Simply because those are not generated to be executed but to wreak havoc in your mind.

My parents never took my depression or other mental complaints seriously too. They always thought I had it difficult at school or something similar. Stay patient and work on yourself without thinking about what your parents might say. That’s my best advice.

I am sorry for what happened to you. No child deserves illiterate and neglectful parents.

I also think so, but I will accept what happened and focus on the good things from my childhood. After all, living with anger and regret is far more toxic than just moving on with grace.

You have a wise perspective. Accepting what happened in the past, including any negative experiences or regrets, and focusing on the positive aspects of your childhood can be incredibly freeing.

I consider it a crucial aspect of personal growth as well. If we live in the past its just dragging and stoping us appreciate and take advantage of the good.

I hope you think this way in real life and make good decisions for your soul. We deserve better than the circumstances which led us to suffer.

Do you know what led you to OCD? I mean, was it someone from your family with this condition, or did you develop it later in life?