Support for Pure O OCD

I get what you mean, but there should be at least one person close to you with whom you feel comfortable talking about your condition and struggles. Some people are natural empaths, and they feel good when they listen to and help others with advice. Try to think about who that might be.

I am not sure I can think of someone so patient and empathetic in my social circle. Or maybe I feel too uncomfortable being considered too weak. For now, I prefer to share my insecurities here. Itā€™s easier when nobody knows me.

I respect your decision, but sometimes there should be someone close by whom we can call and hug when we need them. Holding all negative emotions inside yourself is poisonous to your soul. Iā€™m talking from experience.

Every time I have a hardship, I donā€™t know how to tell others and seek help. I am always filled with those back thoughts that people are not supposed to think about my problems. What would you suggest for becoming more accepting of myself and learning to seek help from others?

Well, ask yourself whether you will be genuinely happy to help a friend or family member during a hard time. Most likely, you will, and your closest people feel the same way about helping you too.

Thatā€™s correct. I would do everything for those I love. You convinced me to open up about my struggles in front of some of them. At least I will try and see what happens.

I am curious to know whether you had any success doing so. I mean, I am sure your closest people were supportive of you. I want to ensure that you feel greatly relieved by sharing your heart with them.

Yes, I felt in a way better place mentally after talking about my struggles. I didnā€™t talk about everything, just a few things, for a few minutes cause I was still tasting the water. Maybe I can share how I sometimes feel without a problem in the future.

Itā€™s a good start, at least. Maybe itā€™s enough for you to share just a little bit as you did that time. Did you feel that you wish you were able to open up more, or those few minutes of casual talking were enough?

I think it was enough at this point. Next time hopefully, I can talk more about it.

I wonder how you are today, Andy. Did you find relief from your Pure O OCD obsessions?

Such a short and precise answer. It sounds like this wonā€™t happen in the near future. Anyway, the most important is for you to feel the right moment and choose the right action respectively.

I think you know me already :smiley: I decided not to stress too much about my condition these days while on holiday and try to think and do other things instead. I feel great so far.

You sound like a child sometimes. I donā€™t know if I mean it in a good or bad way, but everything should be fine as long as you are yourself. Have a great holiday and maybe do something productive soon. :upside_down_face:

I will assume you mean it in a good way. I want to fly through life and be stupid and happy. What is wrong with that? Donā€™t you have similar thoughts from time to time?

I think I have more responsibilities than you and my wild side is limited. However, I believe you should follow your heart responsibly if that makes sense to you. You know life is built in a certain way that some moments with a lack of responsibility can cost you a lot.

I understand what you mean, and I think in the same way. I try to be responsibly wild so that I and those around me are safe. Do you miss the times when you had responsibilities?

Did you mean fewer responsibilities? If yes, I certainly do, but then I remember wanting to be a grown-up and do what I wanted. Apparently, we are built to believe that the grass is green on the other side. :sweat_smile:

Yes, sorry, I meant fewer responsibilities. I was one of those rare children who never wanted to grow up, and apparently, I am a child till today. I know how to be responsible but dislike most of the boring things gown up people pretend to like.

You preserved the most important qualities in yourself then. Most people are way too dull nowadays, trying to follow what is right when they grow up and at some point, they lose themselves. I did so a few years ago but hopefully found a way back to myself and what makes me happy.