Websites where you can get a free initial OCD consulatition

Thank you, Sofie, for being so kind. By the way, the GOAL support group seems to be kind of cool. If I join one group per week, I can become quite knowledgeable about most OCD topics which is what my aim is for now.

I am glad you found a group you like, Alex. I believe you feel some attachment to our beloved community here and hope that we wonā€™t lose you by joining those groups. If they are worth discussing, share some curious things from those groups.

No, there is no way I will disappear. Only for short periods, as I like to do that with everything in my life. I will surely share if I read something curious somewhere.

I will try to believe you. No matter what, take care and return when you need to catch up. :hugs:

1 Like

I am here now. I wanted to share that it is possible to get a free consultation from practicing therapists who are still studying. I heard from a friend about a positive experience from such a consultation in Germany.

Oh, this is a fantastic tip, Alex. I never thought about it before, but it can be helpful for some. Do you plan on trying to contact a practicing therapist yourself?

Undeniably, contacting practicing therapists is an excellent option for some people. I also plan to do so at some point, mainly due to curiosity. For now, I am doing fine with keeping my life together and OCD under control.

Fair enough, my friend. I also rely primarily on the things I have learned about my condition. I believe everyone should have their own coping techniques, at least in emergency situations.

I donā€™t have specific coping techniques, but I often use my common sense and patience to improve any situation. I still struggle with poor self-esteem and might be fragile in the eyes of others.

Hi Alex, for poor self-esteem, you have plenty of choices for dealing with it. You can do things you are afraid of doing, work more toward achieving your goals, and improve your physical stamina. I hope my advice helps.

Thanks for sharing those ideas Sawan. I feel more in tune with myself than ever and will work hard to achieve my goals this year. There is not much fear in me left, so I will absolutely embark on more adventures I was previously afraid to go into.

I love your enthusiasm and hope you will keep it going for many months to come. If you get discouraged, I suggest spending time with your loved ones. It works wonders for me.

Thank you for your encouragement! I hope that spending time with loved ones will help me find healthy coping mechanisms to manage my OCD symptoms. I probably have to do other things in the future to manage my symptoms, though.

Well, yes, you need to have some coping strategies. If you feel lost in some way, talk to a professional again or share what is on your mind here. Maybe I can help with advice.

I have a few weird questions that bother me, but I donā€™t feel comfortable typing them here even though I donā€™t use my real name.

Thatā€™s weird, mate. You should not feel uncomfortable about sharing what bothers you.Then try finding some answers online and come back here if you fail to find what you are searching for.

Sure, thatā€™s maybe the best option. I can talk with some AI to give me answers and advice. Have you done that yourself? :grinning:

I havenā€™t yet but I will surely try it sometime. I donā€™t have high expectations, but Iā€™ve heard positive experiences from people using the new gpt ai models.

I initially said it as a joke, but now, when you say that people are satisfied, I want to try it. I guess I have to ask good questions cause itā€™s a machine answering.

Yes, absolutely. :slight_smile: Ask the right questions and try structuring them differently until you get an idea of how the ai works. I was surprised many times by the answers I received.