Benefits of OCD

Well, those who know you better have probably seen more of you, but I would suggest taking everything with a pinch of salt. At the same time, reflect on others’ words to see if they really have a point cause sometimes others don’t tell you something negative to offend you but for you to think about fixing it.

I sometimes reflect on the words of others and find some sense. However, recently most of the criticism I’ve received is not well-grounded, and this sparked my anger.

Fair enough, then :slight_smile: We need to differentiate between deserved and bullshit criticism. I hope there are not many abusive people in your circle.

I agree with you, and no, not in my circle but at work and other places where I have to go from time to time there are. However, its alright, because i am learning how to respond to possible mental attacks.

It’s commendable that you’re learning how to respond constructively to challenging situations and mental attacks. Dealing with difficult people or adverse environments can be tough, but developing effective coping strategies and emotional resilience can make a significant difference.

I realized that developing effective coping strategies and emotional resilience can empower me to navigate difficult people and adverse environments with strength and grace. I believe it’s valid for most people.

It’s valid to whoever uses it instead of constantly pointing themselves. I learned that there is no place for being depressed or feeling down when having ocd.

Not really a place for self-pitying :slight_smile: As with everything else in life, too.

No self-pity equals more achievements. Self-reflection is healthy, but self-pity is something all OCD individuals should stay away from. :hugs:

Wow, thank you for your input on the topic. :yellow_heart: I hope more and more people with ocd resist the urge to complain and feel sorry about themselves. It only makes it worse.

It makes it worse for them and those around them, unfortunately. I wish strength and hope to everyone with ocd and their families.

1 Like

Your message of wishing strength and hope to everyone with OCD and their families is compassionate and uplifting. Thank you for your empathetic words.

You’re very welcome! I believe in the power of empathy and support, especially for individuals and families dealing with conditions like OCD.

I also believe that support is something we can’t manage without when having ocd. :hugs:

Technically, we can manage without support, but practically, it’s not something many individuals cope without in the long term. My heart goes to those shamed and neglected because of their ocd.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. It’s genuinely heartbreaking to see people being shamed for conditions like ocd. I wish we could have been more empathetic and able to get in the shoes of others for once to understand their pain.