How to beat OCD

Thanks for the clarification. I learned how to be patient so I will surely try your advice. I move a lot by default and don’t drink much so limiting it even more won’t be an issue.

As you say, lady :slight_smile: I have problems with moving more generally, but the lovely weather most days make it easier for me now.

That’s great to hear, so take advantage of the nice weather to improve your physical and mental health. Remember that they go hand in hand together.

Yes, unfortunately, I see many examples of how people with poor mental health get another physical condition. It’s like their thoughts and view of life made them sick.

It is wild, really. The most important is our mental health, and nothing will make us happy and more successful than a stable mind. It’s not about perfection but understanding ourselves and those around us.

A stable mind equals wealth nowadays :sweat_smile: Those people who I know that are mainly calm are maybe less than the fingers on my left hand

Indeed, a stable and calm mind is a valuable asset in today’s fast-paced world. It allows individuals to handle challenges, stress, and uncertainties more effectively, leading to better decision-making and overall well-being.

I tend to agree. By fostering a peaceful mindset, we can enhance our overall well-being and make wiser choices in the face of life’s fast-paced demands. But what is the best way to achieve it? :face_with_monocle:

From my experience, techniques like meditation, deep breathing, and grounding exercises can help you stay centered and calm. Additionally, engage in activities that bring you joy and promote relaxation, such as spending time in nature and disconnecting from screens regularly.

Those two have always worked the best, but I can’t do that daily due to my work-related tasks. :frowning:

You can do it on weekends and have daily walks in nature in the park. Many CEOs have daily walks in the park for at least 30 minutes before their day starts to keep their heads fresh and clear.

Well, I will try, at least. I can allocate more time on weekends for longer walks to fit my schedule. Also, I will write back if it helps. :slight_smile:

That sounds good, but the daily walks before the day starts are helpful, too. Even for 15 minutes, it works wonders.

I did this for two days in a row and saw the benefits. However, I still resist building it as a habit because I am too impulsive to have habits. :frowning:

Ah, that’s a bit of a bad habit if you want to have some control of your life and, most importantly OCD. This condition needs consistency and patience, so you better work on acquiring those.

I work on building more perseverance, but I believe I have a problem with ADD/ADHD, too. I am too distracted and impatient to cope with many obstacles in life.

Recognizing challenges like distraction and impatience is a significant step toward addressing them. If you suspect you may have ADHD, don’t you think it’s better to check if you have the diagnosis? It can clear your mind and better prepare you to build coping strategies.

It’s like I’m not prepared for the “you have ADHD” answer. I will try to check that in the near future, though.

I can truly relate to that, but contrary to what you think now, I am sure you will feel somewhat relieved once you have the correct diagnosis. Then, it’s up to you if you wish to follow the treatment plan for your ADHD, too, in case you have it.