OCD Guilt

Everyone’s experience with OCD is indeed unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. It’s also important to have realistic expectations and not to get discouraged if specific treatment methods or strategies don’t work.

I always had realistic expectations about battling the guilt I feel constantly. Despite this, I still can not eradicate that feeling. Nothing ever helped in the long term.

You can visit a psychologist who will help you let go of past guilt and move on. It seems you’ve done something terrible in your mind, but I am not sure this is the case. You can also share with me privately if you want to feel some relief.

Hey, thank you for your willingness to help me further. I haven’t done something that terrible, but my thoughts sometimes don’t give me peace. All my efforts are headed toward moving on and trying to be the person I always wanted to be.

You will reach your goals since you are already doing something about it. You know the first step towards your dream is half the job done.

I never understood that saying about the first step until recently when I took the first step myself. Everything seemed much more manageable after I did it, indicating that our mind complicates matters more than they are.

That’s almost always the case, and letting go of fear is the solution to most of our problems, no matter how hard it is. :slight_smile:

It’s not hard as long as we keep our inner peace and don’t have problems with those we cohabitate with. Also, living alone is usually not the solution as it gets lonely and the ocd worsens.

I know that about living alone. I tried it many years ago when I couldn’t even live with myself, and I got way worse. My ocd got a lot better once I decided I needed a change, and after I met my wife, who supported me all the way through.

I love your story. I realized through the years that using a positive mindset and doing good brings more good, and eventually, we fix our problems, whatever they are.

Yes, you often wake up or have a conversation and realize that you never had that particular problem or it’s fixed. We should be more open to the good things that happen in life and let go of the limitations of our minds.

Ocd can be a cruel condition making us feel like the victim but learning how to trick our brain is the key to staying sane. Then the good things happen more frequently than before.

Share some ways you trick your brain, Lorenzo. I am having mine a little out of control these days. :smile:

I mainly do positive self-talk, mainly before bed and during naps. I get in a cozy and grateful mood, so I wake up automatically, ready for the day.

I felt you were a smart fella from the begging reading some of your comments. Your way of maintaining your mental health is again a great alternative to many other ways.

Thanks, Sawan. It doesn’t take much effort but a lot of self-love and understanding of how life works. People who complain and expect others to fix their problems always have a more challenging time in life.

Of course, that goes without saying. I also try to learn more about myself with every single week that passes, and during the last couple of years, I’ve done many things smarter than before.

I am glad for you, Sawan. Improvement helps eliminate the sense of guilt we all have from time to time. So keep improving, my friend.

Thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile: What you are saying is spot on, and I am sad I realized it too late in life.

Remember, it’s never too late to embrace positive changes and cultivate a calm mind. Every moment presents an opportunity for growth and self-improvement.