OCD Guilt

I feel this topic so hard.
And my brain goes in overtime to find things to feel guilty about. Especially when it comes to my relationship with my partner. We had a rough beginning, and we worked through it. since we are in such a good place together my brain has to feel guilty about it (like if we have a sweet moment). And will try find anything I’ve done that he could possibly get upset about (including my past before him). My brain will obsess and obsess till I can’t stop it anymore. And there will be this very very short lived (if any at all) “weight off my chest” just for my brain to go immediately back searching to find another thing I did wrong. It’s such an awful feeling.
And I’ve read good articles and try to process my thinking different. It sometimes helps, but eventually my OCD thoughts and brain will go back to the same thing until I say something and it starts all over again. So the whole “facing the fear” actually makes it start all over again because like I said once I said it my brain immediately starts trying to find something else to feel guilty about

The pain and anxiety I feel is so overwhelming I just wish I wasn’t here.
I don’t have money for therapy and have a hard time believing that I’d be more than just an hour time slot for the therapist.

I’m going to keep on trying to rewire how I think.
Any tips and tricks anyone has learned to cope with this would be so helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my struggles

1 Like

Hi Mookiebaer, It sounds like you’re dealing with many distressing emotions, and I am sorry for that. Apart from mindfulness which I personally found helpful for my OCD struggles, I can suggest something simpler. Namely, creating a designated “worry time” can be beneficial. Set aside a specific period each day, 20-30 minutes, to focus on your anxious thoughts. Remember that you will address these thoughts outside of this designated time during your allocated period. This technique can help prevent the thoughts from taking over your entire day.

1 Like

That’s an interesting take on how to handle it. I appreciate the strategy lol. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that :slight_smile: Please share if you have any improvement with the suggested strategy or any other you found helpful.