Support Groups for OCD

I know it’s ridiculous. I have had the same experience. Even explaining to people that I quit using Facebook to improve my mental health doesn’t help. Some people cut me off and avoid me because of that anyway.

In my opinion, people prefer to know who you are by looking at your social media than by getting to know you personally. It’s a shallow approach that developed in recent years and obviously doesn’t tell the correct information about anyone.

It gives an idea about the person, but it’s distorted by them wanting to look in a certain way. But whatever … people should be responsible for their actions and stop complaining when they get deceived by others.

Nowadays, it feels that no one is really themselves, even in their close circle of friends or at home with their lover. I think people try to live up to the character they prefer to be online, at work, or wherever.

In my close circle, I am myself, and I think those around me are also. It should be a pity if your observations concern the people you know.

I know, and yes, when I look closer at the words and actions of even some of those I know very well, I see disturbing things. Sometimes I think there is a common consciousness that makes everyone think and act the same way.

1 Like

I think this has always been the case, but maybe I know what you mean, especially these days. If you take my example, I always try to communicate with different and unique people, classified as out of the crowd.

In today’s interconnected world, technology has made connecting with people from various cultures and backgrounds easier, which can be incredibly rewarding. Embracing these opportunities to communicate with “out of the crowd” individuals can lead to meaningful and fulfilling relationships.

Lets then celebrate the diversity and richness of our global community by fostering connections with “out of the crowd” individuals. :earth_africa::star2:

Surely, embracing the uniqueness of individuals can be incredibly rewarding. Seek out unconventional voices through events, social groups, and online platforms. Engaging with these “out of the crowd” perspectives will not only broaden your horizons.

I am always searching for someone or something that will enlighten me. I found great people and truths throughout the years, which immensely helped my condition.

Yeah, with me, it was similar too. Additionally, I learned to be flexible and look through others’ perspectives occasionally, which helped tremendously with certain aspects of my condition and life in general.

It’s great to hear that. Developing that skill can indeed be incredibly beneficial, not only in managing OCD but, as you said, also in navigating various aspects of life and relationships.

1 Like

I love that :). Most people overlook it, but it’s crucial for finding new ways to fix old problems.

1 Like

It’s easier and faster to look through others’ mistakes, but learning how to do it efficiently takes time. :slight_smile:

You’ve made a wise observation. :muscle:

1 Like