Retroactive Jealousy OCD

I think that most people get retroactively jealous at some point, but obsessing about it never makes sense. I hope Neo learns from his behavior and enjoys life more :slight_smile:

I’ve accepted them as something normal as long as they no longer cause me significant anxiety.

I am doing my best to enjoy life and my relationship after looking at my thoughts and worries objectively.

That should have been complex proccess. We all try to accept our thoughts and compulsions as normal but rarely achieve it. I am happy you found your way.

It’s still very challenging at times due to my impulsivity and consequent intrusions, but as long as I realize there is not much sense in those, I slowly start to relax. Despite those moments, I feel alright, and that’s all that matters.

Recognizing and being aware of your impulsivity and intrusive thoughts is a significant step towards managing them better. We know that progress takes time, and having moments of challenge is okay. Your well-being is the priority, and feeling alright is a positive sign.

I am glad you acknowledge that too. Indeed, I am learning how to balance my emotions and daily life to greatly avoid negative influences.

It’s lovely that you are trying. Try nurturing positivity while carefully weeding out negativity. By consciously aligning your emotions with your daily activities, you’re creating a shield against those negative influences.

It sounds easier than done, but I know I can find the strength and many other things. Ocd is not the first challenge I battled successfully.

Then, you already have an easier time managing the condition. The best thing is not to fall victim to it and live your life as you always wanted.

Sure thing. I’ve noticed that the more I resist its intrusive thoughts and compulsions, the easier it becomes for me to manage the condition.

I am curious to hear how you resist the typical intrusive thoughts. Any particular method you know?

I don’t fear them, and don’t give them the usual importance. I almost let them pass without the typical waiting. It sounds a bit complicated, but that’s how I can explain it.

So you can divert your mind to the essential tasks of the day. That’s pretty impressive, and indeed, not everyone can do it.

More or less, I learned it during my years in a very demanding position at work. I had no choice. So don’t be afraid to push your abilities to the max.

It sounds like your experience in that demanding work position taught you some valuable life lessons. I appreciate your encouragement and will undoubtedly keep pushing my own limits. It’s friends like you who inspire me to be the best I can be

1 Like

You are very kind. Indeed, I am not inspirational in general, I know many, much more passionate people than me. However, I like the effect they give me, and I strive to do the same for others.