Self-help techniques and tools for managing OCD

I have been trying to cope with my OCD through self-help techniques, but recently I am finding it challenging to stick to a consistent routine. I wonder if there are any apps or tools that some of you have found helpful in keeping track of your progress? Also, please suggest other tips on staying committed to a treatment plan despite feeling temporarily discouraged. I am going through a stressful time.

I understand that It can be challenging to stick to a consistent routine when coping with OCD, especially during a stressful time. Here are my two cents on your situation:

1. Create a schedule for your self-help techniques and stick to it as much as possible. Having a set time to practice your techniques daily can help make them a habit.
  2. Use tools to track your progress. Many apps can help you track your progress and provide reminders to practice your self-help techniques.

I hope this helps

I like your two points for managing OCD, and I will try to follow them, but I still need some advice on specific tools that worked well for some of you. I’ve read a few articles and reviews, but I feel people review those apps to profit from being affiliates…

Hello mate, please check this topic here - Useful OCD apps - #3 by Anna
We discussed some useful ocd apps, and maybe some of those might be helpful for you as well.

Oh, I see it now. There is a lot of helpful information I can benefit from. I will be more careful searching for discussions next time. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

Ni worries. I hope the opinions there helped you. I not, feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Maybe I can help.

There is plenty of information and point of views. However, I am curious to know how some people heal from ocd after some time while others keep managing the symptoms with medication.

Usually, the experience of OCD can vary widely from person to person, and the effectiveness of treatment can depend on factors such as the severity of symptoms, other present conditions, age of onset, treatment plans, etc.

I understand, but given all the perfect circumstances to recover from OCD, some people still can’t make it and always search for alternative options.

That’s possible too. Perfect circumstances do not always lead to the best outcome. The most significant factor is our willingness to try to calm our minds during the healing phase.

I know from experience that this is not an easy task. However, nowadays, there are so many methods and resources. If a person has the desire, then they should find a way after some searching.

You are right also. The sky is the limit, as people say when searching for solutions nowadays. However, some individuals find it hard to navigate within so many options. I am one of those people.

It can be overwhelming when so many options are available, and it’s not always easy to know which path to take. But I believe that exploring your options and determining what’s important to you can help you make the right decision. It might be helpful to break things down into smaller, more manageable steps and seek advice and guidance from people you trust.

I often do that, but eventually, I miss the sense in all of it. Maybe I should take a little more significant steps than usually recommended.

Taking bigger steps might make sense in your case … or build a better follow-up process by reporting what you do and how much left you have.

I have already started making more significant steps, so let’s see how it goes. It isn’t easy to keep concentrated nowadays.

Are you telling me this? There are days when I can’t focus for even 30 minutes without thinking or doing something else. Let’s find a therapy for staying more focused.

Thats awful. I just looked online, and it seems that occupational and behavioral therapy might be helpful. I will share more information if I find some online resources about them, as I don’t want to go to a therapist for that.

I’ve never heard about that type of therapy before, so thanks for mentioning it. I think I have time to read more about it today and possibly try some of it on my own.

You’re welcome! Mindfulness therapy can be a valuable tool for improving well-being and managing stress. Take your time to research and explore it further. If you decide to try it independently, remember to start gradually and be patient with yourself.